13 Nov Sophie’s 9th Birthday + A Pending Cancer Confirmation
Happy Birthday Sophie! Today is the day that my amazing golden retriever turns 9 years old and she’s officially an old lady. Today is also the day we find out if her bone cancer diagnosis is confirmed. In spite of the magnitude of what my husband and I will how this afternoon, it’s a happy day to celebrate as Sophie has brought us so much happiness, laughter, and crazy stories that I can’t make up. We have so many memories and we love her beyond words.
Fun Facts About Sophie
- She has severe epilepsy and has lived a normal life on some really great medications that control her seizures (for the most part)
- She loves swim but chooses not to – why go retrieve the ball when the other dogs will do it for you and then you can steal it from them?! Ball stealing has priority over swimming.
- Woo Woo Woo! She makes a very loud woo, woo, woo noise when super excited coupled with slapping her front paws at you.
- Patience – She is the most patient dog I’ve ever seen. You can steal her toys, pull her ears, step on a paw, and she comes back wagging her tail. I’ve never seen this girl upset. Sophie simply loves everyone and everything – especially kids.
- Sleeping – She loves sleeping on the sofa, sprawled out over three cushions, with her legs pressed against the back of the sofa.
- Jumping – whats that?! She doesn’t jump – she slithers..onto the sofa. While she’s not allowed on the bed, you’ll hear her try as she lets out a loud thud as she hits the side. Same with getting into the car – she’ll put her front paws up and wait for you to lift the rear end.
- Loves having her photo taken – I grab my camera and she is always at the front door ready to rock
We love you Sophie! We are hoping for the best but prepared to help you in any way we can to kick cancer’s butt. Here’s to another year of happy-go-lucky badass attitudes, no more seizures, and woo woo woo’s.